Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Snake Charmer

 The Snake Charmer is 11" by 14" watercolour and ink on mounted cold press watercolour paper. 

This painting evolved slowly from a sketch in my sketchbook. I have been using more ink in my recent work which gives more depth and results in a slightly darker less pastel colour pallet. 
I have also been experimenting with masking fluid and used it for the flowers when I did the background wash. It is so much easier than carefully working the paint around little corners. Peeling it off is very satisfying and I love the look of the negative space. I almost left it at that stage because it looked so cool!
 

I took lots of progress photos as I painted this one so I made a quick little video to go with it. The music in the video is one of my favorite songs by my good friend and collaborator Sebastian Olejnik.



The Snake Charmer is available in my Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment