Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Elephant on canvas


Lately I have been painting lots of different animals in acrylic. Most of them have been inspired by documentaries concerning the disastrous state of our oceans and the life struggling to thrive in it's acidic, polluted depths. As I have been working my way through a blue whale, jelly fish and a sea turtle I have received suggestions to paint and elephant. I'm not sure why elephants are specifically so popular but as they have their own endangerment issues I figured it still fit with my theme. I painted a fun little baby elephant a few weeks ago in watercolour and then decided to make my acrylic elephant completely different. The process for this painting was nice and smooth and it only took me about a week to complete. 
Ivory is 9" by 12" acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas and for sale in my Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment