Friday, August 15, 2014

Outdoor Ink

Summer really is my favorite time of year and I have spent a good portion of the last 2 months outside enjoying nature. I have trained the cabin squirrel (squeaker) and the lake gophers to eat from my hand, and made tentative friends with a neighborhood raccoon (not the ones in the painting) as well as a cute little vole.  
At the beginning of the summer I purchased a set of coloured Windsor Newton inks, and I love them! They are more vibrant than some of the watercolours I have been using and I am really pleased with the outcome. 
This painting is of a few curious raccoons that wandered into my friends garden; hence the title, "Raccoons in the Garden."
I was also kitten sitting this week....so it took me a little longer to finish this painting than maybe it should have. lol
This painting is also for sale in my shop!

I


These little gophers live lakeside in Manning park and have become accustomed to eating blueberries. If I sit down on the grass I will have a small congregation of them sitting around me and sometimes on me while they munch their organic blueberries. They are rather picky and only eat the big ones! I seem to be good at making friends with rodents. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment