Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Watch out for Quicksand!

 I must confess that I have been neglecting my art this past week. My schedule of teaching ballet 5 days a week is catching up to me and my body aches everyday now. Despite the pain, I love every minute I get to dance and I'm definitely not complaining!

This painting is now for sale in my Etsy shop!

 Frost was inspired by a portrait in my sketchbook of 64 faces. I used a combination of ink and watercolour and white acrylic paint. It developed slowly and I really enjoyed the process of layering with the colours and ink. 



This painting is a collaboration between my friend Sebastian and myself (SORAD.) He drew this funny little guy one summer night at the cabin and I made sure that it got packed into my sketchbook so I could paint it when I got home. 
"Watch out for the Quicksand" is the title I was given to work with. I mixed dirt from the garden with a clear glaze so that the sand is textured and real.

No comments:

Post a Comment