Thursday, August 20, 2015

More Shoes

I hope you aren't sick of shoes yet..... sometimes it feels like that's all I paint. I have been working on this painting for about a month and I have finally completed it (it has a friend that is currently on my easel.) As usual these are one of my many pairs of well loved worn out pointe shoes. This painting was painted on a canvas that was lying around and I only just discovered that it is a strange size 10" by 13" (I think my Dad stretched this canvas 30 years ago.) The edges are painted black however there are staples all around it so it will need a custom frame. This painting (acrylic pointe shoes 2) can be purchased from my Etsy shop!


I'm trying to stick with my dance theme while I get back into acrylics which  I intend to continue using on a more regular basis. Yesterday I dug out my Dad's old rickety travel easel and ventured into the backyard for a day of painting in the garden. The weather was perfect, I just wish I was sitting next to a quiet lake instead of in close proximity with the highway. Perhaps one day I will live on a lake and paint outside all summer long....till then I will have to settle for the haphazard garden and highway noise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment