Thursday, October 29, 2015

Hibernate

As the days get shorter and cooler I find myself dreaming of hot summer days spent lying in the sun. The changing of the seasons gives me some anxiety as I find winter to be long, dark and often sad. While I don't mind autumn as a season (except for the rain) I find myself anxious of the inevitable grey months of winter. To help myself deal with this seasonal stress I have decided to embrace the seasonal colours in my artwork. Fall colours are probably my favorite and possibly the most cohesive when put together. 
This piece started out in my sketchbook, and after throwing some paint on it I knew I had to do a real painting of it! 

Hibernate is 9" by 12" watercolour and pen on watercolour board mounted on a black cradled board. 
It is for sale in my Etsy shop


No comments:

Post a Comment