Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Mouse with a Heart Balloon

This little painting started out as one of my daily pencil drawings. With all the negative events going on throughout the world this little mouse stayed in my mind as a hopeful image of peace and understanding. 

There seems to be a lot of hate being expressed throughout the world right now. Some people have legitimate reasons to be looking for justice while others are acting out and causing more hurt in the world because of their religions, beliefs and ideologies. Regardless of our political stances, religions and ideas I think we can all agree that we need a little more love in the world. 



I documented my process for this painting. I started with the background for a change and worked my way forward. I used my Winsor and Newton watercolours and Higgins white ink for the clouds.
I finished the mouse off with my Faber Castel pencil crayons so his fur would look softer and then used acrylic white paint for highlights and whiskers! 

This 6" by 8" painting can be found in my Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment